2016-05-07

Neon glitter gradient (+ BPS Liquid Peel Off Tape Review)

(Eftersom recensionen är ganska text- och bildtung så kör jag den enbart på engelska idag, hoppas mina svenska läsare är ok med detta!)

Hi! Today I've got some nail art to show you. I've been sent this liquid peel off tape for review from Born Pretty Store, so I thought I'd show you one of the manicures I used it for a while back. It comes in a 15ml bottle (shown below) and it is applied with a brush.


For this manicure, I started out with two coats of KIKO 336, an electric blue creme. Then I applied the peel off tape around my cuticles and allowed it to dry. After that, I started sponging on Salon Perfect - Shocked, which consists of blue and neon pink matte microglitters, around the base of my nails, creating a gradient effect towards the tip.




Once that was done, I used tweezers to remove the tape, taking all the excess glitter with it. Here's what it looked like once I had removed the tape from one finger. Some slight residue left around my cuticles, but that was easily taken care of with a brush dipped in polish remover.



And here's the final result, after some minor cleanup and some top coat! Not the best quality of the photos though. Perhaps I should have used a lighter base colour, since the glitters were a little sheer (you can see how they popped much more against the liquid tape than the base colour), but all in all I was happy with it.




Some thoughts about the liquid peel off tape then. It's the first product of this type that I've used, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I thought it worked fairly well on me and it definitely made the cleanup after a manicure like this one a lot easier. However, if you have dry skin I would recommending applying some kind of lotion or cuticle cream first, otherwise I found the tape to be a bit hard to remove at times. It also has a quite strong scent, so if you're sensitive perhaps you should try a different one. It did not bother me very much, however. 

If you want to try this one for yourself, or any other Born Pretty Store nail art product, you can use my code EMJK31 for a 10% discount.

6 kommentarer:

  1. Lovely mani! Good to see you are back by the way :-)
    I can't imagine nail arting without liquid latex anymore!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! Yeah well I'm somewhat back, not blogging as frequently as I used to but I'll try to post something once a week at least :)

      Radera
  2. Snygg gradient och det verkar vara en spännande produkt. Jag har testat IsaDoras peel of bas på det här sättet och det fungerar hur bra som helst.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Jag har inte provat att använda IsaDoras peel off på det viset, men ska ge det ett försök!

      Radera

Your comments make me happy! I answer them here, so check back if you want, or you can also contact me through e-mail if you want to ask me a specific question :) Thanks!